I get it. You have a million reasons why right now isn’t the right time for a boudoir shoot. Is it ever going to be the “right” time? I feel like women always put themselves on the back burner. Year after year we convince ourselves that we aren’t worth it. I have a 4 year old and an 8 month old. A few days ago I was in Target alone. This is a rare thing. I told myself, ok self, go buy yourself some clothes. Nothing fits and those leggings now have holes in them. BUY YOURSELF SOME DAMN CLOTHES. Guess what, I browsed for a moment and even tried on a few shirts, but I still left empty handed. Well, not completely empty handed. I bought my children clothing. My point is, how many times do you do this? Why do we do this? Do something for yourself. Make this the year that you finally stayed true to your word. Here are the 5 excuses I hear most.
- I NEED TO LOSE 5,10,15+ POUNDS FIRST – Yeah? Me too. So does more than half of America. I can’t help you lose weight for the shoot but I can direct you in ways that WILL make you look slimmer in photos. It’s all about the outfits, posing and light. I gotcha covered.
- I DON’T TAKE GOOD PICTURES – Well, that’s ok because I’ll be taking the photos. That’s what you are paying me for, to take YOUR photos. I have all the gear to make sure you have great photos!
- I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO WEAR – When you book with us, we’ll meet in person. We will discuss outfit ideas, what kind of lingerie to look for and I will provide you with a 4 page online guide that describes what each piece of lingerie is. I will also give you suggestions on where to purchase it.
- I CAN’T POSE – I will coach you in flow posing. We will effortless move you from one pose to the next. I’ll direct you with your facial expressions too. During your session we will get up close and personal as I demonstrate the poses and then move your limbs as needed. The poses may hurt a little, but you’ll thank me later.
- I’M SO NERVOUS – When have you done anything that takes major courage and not been nervous? We will spend about 1.5 hours getting to know each other during hair and makeup. Imagine yourself relaxing while being pampered. I always tell my clients, give me 10 minutes. That’s it! I really can’t think of anyone that has been nervous longer than the first 10 minutes.
If you’re still not convinced, check out the images below. This is a good friend of mine. I’ve photographed her a dozen times but NEVER intimately. I had her come in for 15 minutes after a session so that I could try to coach some emotion out of her and viola! I really like these images. She’s usually the girl that stands tall and can’t take a photo without making a great big smile, but we did it. I think it’s pretty amazing to get these images within 15 minutes of shooting when I was already tired from a previous shoot.